Energy in Ecosystems
By Mr G Davidson
1. All food chains must start with a .
2. What do we call the process where nitrites are converted into nitrates?
3. Another name for a primary consumer is a herbivore.
4. If a producer contains 240 000 kJ of energy, approximately how much would the top consumer have if the food chain contains 4 organisms?
2 400 kJ
2 160 kJ
5. Interspecific competition is more fierce than intraspecific competition.
6. The arrows in a food chain indicate the flow of .
7. All get their energy by photosynthesising.
8. As you go up a pyramid of numbers, the size of the organism generally increases.
9. Plants require nitrogen from nitrates in order to make
10. From the food web shown, how many secondary consumers are there?