Sampling Techniques & measurements
By G Davidson
1. Which of the following is an abiotic factor?
amount of food
2. A Tullgren funnel is used to sample slow moving organisms on the surface of the ground.
3. If you averaged 7 daisies per quadrat in a field of 150 square metres, and you were using quadrats which were a quarter of a square metre, approximately how many daisies would you estimate are in the field?
4. A would be used to transfer small organisms from one place to another.
5. We use quadrats to sample organisms because they are the same size each time. This makes the procedure .
6. Which of the following as a biotic factor?
7. If a paired statement key has 15 statements, how many organisms will it identify?
8. We would use a trap to sample small organisms moving over the soil surface.
9. If we were sampling a particular organism in a field, we would place the quadrats.
10. A pond net would be used to sample organisms living on the bottom of a pond.