Proteins & Enzymes
By Mr G Davidson
1. Which of the following is not a use for proteins?
2. Catalase is responsible for the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide.
3. What word is used to describe the ideal conditions for an enzyme to operate?
4. When enzymes are exposed to excessive heat they become .
5. Which of the following conditions would catalase work quickest under?
pH 2 and 37 degrees C
pH 7 and 37 degrees C
pH 11 and 20 degrees C
ph 7 and 20 degrees C
6. What word best describes the chemical upon which an enzyme will act?
7. All proteins have an active site.
8. Which of the following tissues would you expect to have the most catalase?
9. Which of the following are the products of the enzyme catalase?
water and oxygen
hydrogen peroxide and water
water and carbon dioxide
hydrogen and oxygen
10. Proteins are made of amino acids.