By Mr G Davidson
1. What do we call the organism from which we would extract DNA?
2. Genetic engineering involves the transfer of from one organism to another.
3. Bacterial cells have one chromosome and smaller plasmids made of DNA.
4. A is a micro-organism used to transfer genetic information.
5. Genes are cut out of the donor DNA using enzymes.
6. Genes are put into the recipient DNA using enzymes.
7. Genetic engineering is used to produce which can be given to diabetics.
8. Some plants have been genetically modified to produce larger fruit.
9. Genetically modified bacteria can produce human growth hormone.
10. Micro-organisms are used in genetic engineering because they can produce small amounts of the product required.